Today is the annual swap on 20 Something Bloggers! (a group I am so close to aging out of...)
My blog swap partner is Bridget McNulty from South Africa and, inspired by my own 52 Things List, she has provided one of her own. For her site, I wrote a guest post on the perils of a hyperactive metabolism a.k.a. my attempt at making insulin issues funny.
52 Faces of B
1. If I had my way, I'd do nothing but read all day.
2. My favourite spot to read is in my hammock, on my verandah, in the sun.
3. When I first moved to Cape Town, I thought people were crazy for making such a big deal about Table Mountain.
4. Now I think it's pretty cool and I like showing off that we can see it from our apartment.
5. My favourite drink is tea.
6. I had to wean myself off it 2 months ago.
7. I was on 5 to 7 giant mugs a day and I had to get down to one so I could travel to the USA for 3 weeks and not be constantly grumpy.
8. I was constantly grumpy for a week while I got over my caffeine addiction.
9. In 3 weeks I'm cutting all my hair off.
10. I can't wait. No bad hair days ever!
11. My boyfriend is extremely sad about it.
12. I thought he was being ridiculous till he got his hair cut short, and now I understand how he feels.
13. This afternoon I'm starting a crash course in Spanish.
14. I hope I haven't lost my flair for languages.
15. We leave to go on a Round-the-World trip 6 weeks yesterday.
16. Which means 6 weeks today we'll arrive in South-East Asia.
17. That is so freaking cool!
18. I've always been a homebody, but now I'm ready for an adventure.
19. If I was staying put, I think I'd feel claustrophobic.
20. One of the things I'm enjoying most about prepping to go is clearing out my stuff.
21. I'm getting rid of all the things I don't love.
22. It's very cathartic.
23. I'm curious to see how my control-freak tendencies cope on the road.
24. I'm a recovering control-freak.
25. Not recovering that fast.
26. I'm also a recovering over-achiever.
27. It takes a long time to change the language in which you speak to yourself.
28. My cell phone is ringing.
29. That was a TV producer who might let us talk on her health show before we leave on our trip.
30. The trip is all about promoting positive diabetes awareness.
31. I'm a Type 1 diabetic.
32. I was diagnosed very dramatically, very late, 2 days away from a coma.
33. I've written about it so much that I sometimes don't think it actually happened to me.
34. I find it strange that words can take on a life of their own.
35. I've never been on TV.
36. But one of my favourite things to do is be interviewed on the radio.
37. I feel like it makes me far more interesting and articulate, for those ten minutes or so.
38. Then I go back to real life.
39. I think I'm going to miss eating normal food while we're travelling.
40. I am one of the most boring eaters I know.
41. If I don't take time out to be alone, I get spiteful.
42. I can recognise myself being spiteful, but that doesn't make me stop.
43. When I've had enough alone time I feel like a glass that has been filled up.
44. I also like to sleep. A lot.
45. I hate it when people give me a hard time about sleeping (on average) 9 hours a night.
46. I'm slowly coming to realise that every person is completely different.
47. What works for me might not work for you, and vice versa.
48. I have no idea what my life will be like a year from now.
49. Today is my mom's birthday.
50. She is one of my top 3 favourite people in the world.
51. I think I can be irritating to be friends with.
52. I'm the luckiest girl in the world.