The Rules: Don’t take too long to think about it. Fifteen authors (poets included) who’ve influenced you and that will always stick with you. List the first 15 you can recall in no more than 15 minutes. Tag at least 15 friends, including me, because I’m interested in seeing what authors my friends choose.
52 Faces note - consider yourself tagged if you're a writer blogger who's reading this! And let me know - I can't wait to see what you all say.
The top 3 in bold I owe ALOT of my early writing style and content preference to.
- Alice Hoffman
- Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni
- Louise Erdrich
- Sharon Creech
- Ellen Wittlinger
- Audre Lorde
- F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Francine Pascal (got to meet her!!) and her team of ghostwriters, including
- Ann M. Martin
- the Berenstein Bears creators (got to meet their son!!)
- Gloria Steinam (does non-fiction count?) (met HER too!!!)
- Catherine MacKinnon (as you can see I used to be a big feminist)
- Maria V. Snyder
- Maxine Hong Kingston
- my younger self when I was a playwright and monologist